So … we made it to 2021 and still the majority of our shopping is going to have to be done online. The amazing thing about this is the wealth of small businesses who operate online … there is a whole world of them out there and I’ve made it my job to bring them to you!
Which means that I have a whole host of new business (as well as a selection that you loved from 2020’s markets) to introduce you to … and the first of the markets is happening a week today !
Over the next few weeks I am hosting 3 evening market showcases … they will each feature 15-20 small businesses who match the theme of the night. Here is a little overview of each market …
Friday 22nd January – Home and Art
This market features my favourite category of handmade products … Home Decor ! I could decorate house after house with beautiful products from handmade small businesses, there’s always something that takes my fancy!
So at this market you’ll find amazing artists, home decor such as textiles, lampshades, candles and plants. Hopefully there is something for every taste there !
Friday 29th January – Jewellery and Accessories
Jewellery and accessories made by creatives are so special! Whenever I get a new piece from a small business it has so much more meaning and love behind it. In this market you’ll find a range of different Jewellery styles from clay earrings to silver jewellery and other things in between … there’s also a whole host of accessories to be found. These include leather goods, knitwear, hair accessories and more … I’m really excited for you to discover new brands to help you move away from fast fashion sources.
Friday 5th February – Self Care
This market seems particularly important at the moment … so many of us are struggling through these weird times. So I’ve put together a selection of businesses who sell products and services that will help you show yourself some self care. Find skincare and candles, crafting kits for mindfulness, yummy treats and more.
Each market will run 5;30pm-10pm on a Friday evening and will work in a very similar way to last year’s online markets. But if you are new here (welcome!), I’ll give you a little run through how it all works!
- At 5:30pm the webpage will go live … this is where you’ll be able to browse all the amazing businesses taking part in one place.
- Every business will have a listing featuring images of their products, a little description so you can get to know them, a link to their online shop and, if they are offering one, a discount code for you to use!
- Scroll through, have a look at their wonderful work and click their shop links to purchase their products/services.
- I’ll be posting on social media throughout the evening, highlighting products, showing videos of their process and may be even going live with some of the business owners!
- Even if you decide against buying anything at the market why not like the businesses (even just a few) on social media, interact with their posts, share with your followers, friends and families! Small businesses rely on word of mouth, interaction and support (as well as orders of course … but these things help them get there!).
- And, if you have purchased something why not share it … below is a story template for you to save and share (I’ll be posting it on the day too!). Tag the businesses you shopped with and tag @brownpaperfestival so we can see! Don’t forget to also tag us in your photos of your parcels arriving … we love seeing what you’ve purchased !!
So lets kick off 2021 with some positivity and show some support to all the incredible small businesses who are smashing it at the moment …
See you next Friday for the first market !